School’s in and let’s plan year end holidays now! There’s no need to end family get-aways because summer is coming to a close. Now is a good time to look at your vacation schedule and coordinate it with the school kids in your family.
We have a few tips to help you get started.
- Get your hands on the school calendar right away
- Plan your vacation days to coordinate with school holidays
- Make a plan to take each vacation day you have – spend it with family
- Double check and see if you have vacation roll over. If not, make sure you schedule to take all of your vacation days before the end of the year.
- Start the New Year with a “holiday clean slate.”
- Take into consideration other travel responsibilities – business, family obligations, sporting events
- Note public holidays – many holidays will be recognized by the school system.
- There are great opportunities for a long weekend or week long vacation in the upcoming Fall and Winter months:
– September – Labor Day – make it a long weekend. Perfect for a road trip
– October – Columbus Day is ideal for a weekend trip to see the fall colors
– November – One of America’s holidays – Thanksgiving. Travel can be busy via air. Consider a road trip. Don’t forget Veteran’s Day too!
– December is filled with holidays – Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza, New Years