Top Five Things To Do In Palm Springs California
There are destinations which shout style and nostalgia, and Palm Springs, California, wears that distinction proudly. With its mid-century design, four bold mountain ranges standing tall around the city, and its artistic vibe, there is no better destination than the sophisticated yet ultra-cool town in the desert. Here are five of the top reasons you should call it “my next getaway!”
Top 5 Things to Do
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway – Jump aboard the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway for a breathtaking view of the city and surrounding area as you journey up the sheer cliffs of Chino Canyon. It is the world’s largest rotating tramcar for a one-of-a-kind 10-minute journey up, starting at 2,643 feet from the boarding station to 8,516 feet at the mountain top.
- Mid-century Modern Architecture – The style of homes in Palm Springs truly defines the city and its architectural design as one of the largest concentrations of midcentury modern architecture in the world. Known for celebrity homes dating back years and years, take a tour around the city for a first-hand view and many stories. And, you don’t have to be an architectural expert to enjoy the ride.
- Jeep tour to the San Andreas Fault – Enjoy an exhilarating and scenic ride in a Big Red Jeep as it winds through the canyons of the San Andreas Fault Zone. A naturalist guide will fill in all the details with fascinating stories of the plants, animals, and history of this extraordinary desert. Take a walk between the steep walls of the deep canyons created by the powerful forces of the plate tectonics, water, wind and time and ask your guide to explore a natural palm oasis where crystal clear water bubbles up from the underground aquifer.
- Have a Date Shake! – Greater Palm Springs is an ideal destination for a date—both the romantic kind and the creamy, caramel kind that often ends up in a shake or a great salad. Greater Palm Springs exports more than 90% of the dates grown here. Stop by Shields Date Garden in Indio for a date shake and see the free movie “The Romance and Sex Life of the Date.”
- Live Your ‘Wellest’ – Ask anyone who has been to Palm Springs, and they will tell you, “a spa treatment should be top of your list!” And, who doesn’t love an exceptional spa experience? Greater Palm Springs is the perfect spot for wellness and outdoor activities. Along with golfing, there are also more than 80 hiking trails, stargazing, and admiring the golden sunsets. And, you can’t come to Palm Spring and not enjoy relaxing around the pool. It’s your next vacation destination.
To start planning your trip now to Greater Palm Springs, go to visitgreaterpalmsprings.com
Note – On December 21, Delta started non-stop service from Atlanta to Palm Springs. Now it is easier than ever to visit this oasis in the desert. With flights four times a week on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, there is no stopping you. Flights depart from Atlanta at 9:40am arriving in Palm Springs at 11:21am. Return flights are very convenient too. Departing Palm Spring at 12:20pm and arriving in Atlanta at 7:19pm.